• 113 results
alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By alextheboss

I am making a Harry Potter Tier List for my youtube channel. Are there any Harry Potter experts here who can critique my current list?

You can give me movie and book arguments

No Caption Provided

Edit: the final list

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 cocacolaman  Moderator

Who's the girl in Headmaster and why is Voldemort above Dumbledore?

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: Voldemort’s daughter, and because a prime Dumbledore would lose to a prime Voldemort in a fight to the death.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cocacolaman  Moderator

@alextheboss: Oh I think I remember her, I never saw her character design though. Don't know where you're getting Voldemort top 1 from, and why is Bellatrix so low? Because she lost to Molly?

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman:

Oh I think I remember her, I never saw her character design though.

Yeah, she is from the Cursed Child. That is just one of the actors who played her, but she always looks similar to that.

Don't know where you're getting Voldemort top 1 from,

He was about equal to Dumbledore when Dumbledore had the elder wand, plus he is immortal due to his horcruxes, and Dumbledore was mortally wounded after trying to destroy just one of them. If the elder wand recognized Voldemort as his master I see no reason why he wouldn't just be outright better, and even without it his hocruxes give him the win.

and why is Bellatrix so low? Because she lost to Molly?

Honestly I think she is overhyped. She is one of the best no doubt, but she actually seemed to be ranked lower than Lucius in order of the phoenix and she was stalemated by Hermione, Ginny, and Luna in the final book. In the films she killed Sirius in a surprise attack, and in the books Sirius was cocky. And of course she lost to Molly, which doesn't look good on her either. She beat Kingsley, but Voldemort ranked Kingsley below Moody, who got captured by a Barty Jr. and Wormtail tag team and had trouble with Dolohov, who lost to Harry, Ron, and Hermione even with Rowle as backup, and lost to Flitwick. So the best scaling I see her getting is being above Kingsley and Sirius, which I put on my list. Unless she low diffed them, I think her spot is good.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 the_wspanialy  Online

Honestly I think she is overhyped. She is one of the best no doubt, but she actually seemed to be ranked lower than Lucius in order of the phoenix and she was stalemated by Hermione, Ginny, and Luna in the final book. In the films she killed Sirius in a surprise attack, and in the books Sirius was cocky. And of course she lost to Molly, which doesn't look good on her either. She beat Kingsley, but Voldemort ranked Kingsley below Moody, who got captured by a Barty Jr. and Wormtail tag team and had trouble with Dolohov, who lost to Harry, Ron, and Hermione even with Rowle as backup, and lost to Flitwick. So the best scaling I see her getting is being above Kingsley and Sirius, which I put on my list. Unless she low diffed them, I think her spot is good.

Oh? Where was that stated?

By the way, does the Cursed Child give Harry some good feats (since you rank him pretty high)? Haven't read that.

Where do you think the protagonist of Hogwarts Legacy would rank?

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By socajunkie  Moderator

@alextheboss: There’s only two things here I take umbridge with (couldn’t help myself).

The most glaring being the blatant lowballing of Bellatrix: she pretty explicitly has the best duelling feats in the verse outside of the big three and perhaps her daughter. To start with: ranking? Voldemort outright thinks Bellatrix was his best Death Eater and uses the word ‘Lieutenant’ so that doesn’t fly. As far as stalemating the three witches, that’s outright one of the best feats given nobody else aside from Voldemort in book lore duelled three vs one, speaking of which, Bellatrix’s duel with them was given direct parallel to Voldemort’s duel with Mcgonagall, Kingsley and Slughorn, the narration states along the lines of ‘Like her master, duelled three vs one’ in terms of skill and power, Bellatrix is the only Death Eater with direct comparisons to Voldemort. Obviously she isn’t on his level but given she stands alone in this regard, that easily puts her above everyone else on the tier you’ve put her in and the tier above her, especially taking into account she was actually getting the upper hand against them. Additionally, stalemating Sirius isn’t a bad feat as all of the Marauders bar Wormtail are the elite of the elite above most Aurors.

I see some omission and low balling of Moody too: Wormtail and Crouch Jr were stalking him for months on end, learning his habits, his weaknesses etc and he got surprise attacked…still managing to put up a fight. As a bonus: Dolohov is the most skilled Death Eater by feats after Bellatrix and he killed Lupin which you also forgot to mention. Flitwick was a duelling champion in his youth so beating Dolohov is a good feat for him, not a bad one for Dolohov.

Furthermore, she did low diff Kingsley, that fight was over in half a page. Lastly, you forgot to mention her blocking a spell from Dumbledore which is impressive on its surface for obvious reasons but doubly so considering every other Death Eater was getting one-shot blitzed.

On the tier above her, quite literally (aside from Credence due to raw power) nobody has feats on her level. Adult Harry hasn’t done anything impressive, nothing in TCC, at best he can be argued as good as his father and the other Marauders but that wouldn’t justify a tier differential.

Minerva? Her only relevant feat is stalemating Snape whose only relevant feat is stalemating her lol during the Voldemort duel, it was described as 99% defensive on the group’s part, with Voldemort spamming spells and the three could only duck and weave, barely being able to launch counter-attacks. Minerva has a statement by Pomfrey where she gets placed above four Aurors however that’s not good enough seeing as Bellatrix has washed elite aurors, fresh from Azkaban out of practice.

I’m assuming Aberforth is there because of his three way duel with his brother and Grindelwald? By implication alone, that’s more reasonable but it’s still too vague and we don’t know how long it lasted before Ariana got killed, could have lasted two exchanges or minutes worth.

I’m tired of the Molly argument, Rowling has stated that was a thematic win, showing motherly love is more powerful than sick obsession, it has nothing to do with skill or power as it’s author admitted PIS.

All in all, of the human characters in the tier above her, one is legitimate, one is only above her via vague interpretations and the other two have no feats whatsoever on her level.

The Voldemort/Dumbledore argument is fair and I can see your case, however in-universe portrayal puts Dumbledore ahead of Tom- Tom canonically fears Dumbledore, that alone is enough to put the argument to bed tbh. As far as the Elder Wand is concerned, Albus already beat somebody on their tier who had that wand and the gap between Voldemort and Grindelwald isn’t big enough to justify a case of Voldemort beating Albus with the wand- even less convincing considering Albus beat Grindelwald when he was young, out of his prime and he was dominating Voldemort while holding back.

For future reference, I’m Leo-343 so just tag this account for later call-outs.

Xebec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

yeah bellatrix is too low, and arguably minerva should be on the tier below but i'm not mad at her placement

my opinion = fax

ur opinion = creditless

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like a decent list so far. Is this composite or just films or books?

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_wspanialy: Harry in the cursed child have Voldi’s child who studied him and prepped for years trouble. She was able to fly without a broom like Voldy, and temporarily hold off Harry, Hermione, Malfoy, and Ron at the same time. Harry is the leader of the auror’s at that time and Hermione is the minister of magic.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_wspanialy: Voldy went after Madeye first because he thought they would put the real Potter with him since he is the best or something along those lines. He went after Kingsley second because he thought he was the second most likely. Kingsley was implied to be “the best” by Vernin because he was guarding the muggle prime minister, and Moody is rusty by the second wizard of war, so Kingsley might have surpassed this version of Moody, but I think it’s very close.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_wspanialy: Voldy went after Madeye first because he thought they would put the real Potter with him since he is the best or something along those lines. He went after Kingsley second because he thought he was the second most likely. Kingsley was implied to be “the best” by Vernin because he was guarding the muggle prime minister, and Moody is rusty by the second wizard of war, so Kingsley might have surpassed this version of Moody, but I think it’s very close.

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bellatrix is too low, everything else seems fine tbh

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@socajunkie: Voldy feared Dumbledore because he was around his level and is a massive threat. I could fear a dog attacking me, that doesn’t mean I think it takes a majority, it’s just a danger to me and COULD cause severe injury or death. I don’t see why blocking a single spell from Dumbledore means much. Harry was blocking a dozen repeated spells from Voldemort in a row in the final film and I’m the fourth he blocked one as well. Heck, it was implied if Harry in the 5th movie wanted to he could have murdered Bellatrix and Voldemort was even encouraging it for some reason. I’ve seen the Molly statement, Rowling did not say she was amped, she just said she wanted to show off Molly’s skill. It was just Molly fighting to her fullest capabilities due to love, not a live amp. If anything a better argument is Bellatrix didn’t have her actual wand. All of the characters have good feats and statements as well. For the Minerva statement, didn’t Pomfrey mean she would have beaten all aurors at once? Is she meant individually I could agree with you, but beating 4 at once is pretty good. If you use the fantastic beasts movie Aberforth reacted to and helped block a killing curse from the elder wand meant for Credence. Harry gave Delphi trouble even with her prepping and studying years to fight him. Yes, Harry was weaker than her, but she herself was a beast. Maybe you could argue her down a tier and then Harry down a tier next to Sirius and Bellatrix.

Avatar image for deactivated-644c7202b7524
deactivated-644c7202b7524

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Then, Harry Potter was low professor when fought Voldemort.

And he didn't reach Headmaster level, not even as an adult, pathetic for a chosen one.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: after a quick look it seems fine, except what feats did Dobby have to put him at high professor tier?

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr-yes: he easily beat Lucius, disarmed Narcissa, KOd Wormtail, and can teleport places wizards can't

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: ah ok. it’s been a while so I didn’t remember anything from him. Thanks!

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: looks pretty good. I am questioning Dobby’s high placement a bit, but I know there’s an argument to be made considering his track record against wizards (even though I personally feel like a lot of his “fights” aren’t really straight up 1v1s). Also not totally sure about year 7 Harry being higher than certain characters like Lupin.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a_fine_edition: Dobby did kind of take Lucius off guard, but he did legitimately disarm Narcissa, and he can apostate places wizards can’t. I would say he might be mid professor tier, but he is definitely a beast.

A_FINE_EDITION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: I definitely think the Lucius fight is iffy. He was going for Harry and probably wasn’t even considering Dobby as a threat given how he thought of him like scum. I don’t recall whether Narcissa was specifically targeting Dobby in that instance, but I’ll take your word for it.

Zafros13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Zafros13

Ron’s mother should not be that high. Bellatrix would win in most encounters. Bellatrix wasn’t even really taking the fight seriously. And you can lower Bellatrix if you really want to have Molly above her. After all, I think she kind of surprise attacked Black.

Forget his name fraud is not that good, but he should still be atleast one tier higher.

Dumbledore should be number 1. Voldemort never actually owned the Elder wand.

I don’t really see why Ron would be a tier above Gini either.

Ajak_XV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Molly is too high, dumbledore>Grindlewald>Voldemort, dobby is too high, newt is too low he would stomp hermione so would Barty Crouch jr, the dragons are pretty overrrated too imo. grawp is too high and wormtail is wayyyy too low

Avatar image for deactivated-644c7202b7524
deactivated-644c7202b7524

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although the character is not technically official, where would you put the protagonist of Hogwarts legacy and the final boss dragon from the same game.?

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zafros13: Fraud? You mean The the Mad eye moody fraud?

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ajak_xv: what makes you say Barty or Newt would stomp Hermione? Should they be raised or should she be lowered?

Maybe the horntail is too high, but the big one was frying dozens of wizard guards

Grawp’s spot represents giants as a whole, and Harry, Ron, and Hermione had to run from the in the final battle even though Harry was taking out death eaters left and right.

What makes you say worm tail is way too low? His only real feats are stomping Cedric and year 4 Harry. Voldemort held him in low esteem and Mcgonagall apparently said he was always bad at dueling.

Zafros13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Zafros13

@alextheboss: I mean the Kenneth Branagh guy.

Also I feel like TriWizard tournament people are better then people higher than them (they’re supposedly like the greatest of there schools(Though I suppose they may not specialize in fighting). They’re technically not professors but you put Ron in Professor Tier. Like why are Draco’s sidekicks above all of the people selected into the TriWizard tournament?

I’ve only recently watched movies 3 to 6 so maybe I’m forgetting something Ron did in the 7th one but I’d put Ginni above Ron. Ginni demonstrated the most impressive explosion charms in the 5th movie.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zafros13: Crab/Goyle know and can cast all the unforgivable curses and can use fiend fire. We saw what avada Kedavera did to Cedric. The tri wizard contestants are skilled seventh years, but that’s about it. An imperiod Krum beat Fluer, Cedric beat Krum, and a fourth year Harry beat Cedric.

In the movies Ron disarmed Yaxley and pushed back Narcissa. He also surprise disarmed Bellatrix. He was on the run from snatchers and death eaters his last year. The tri wizard contestants were essentially regular students with no life or death combat experience.

Pizzagod342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Pizzagod342

@alextheboss: I only read the books so disregard everything I say

Snape should be number one instead of Credence. Credence got washed by Dumbledore in forty seconds meanwhile Snape fought both Flitwick and McGonagall(and Slughorn I'm not sure). Normally losing to Dumbledore is a better feat than losing to Flitwick and McGonagall but Dumbledore basically humiliated Credence. Casually teleporting behind him and overpowering him. If Flitwick and McGonagall fought Dumbledore, Dumbledore would be a little bit more serious than that.

Molly, Flitwick, and Bellatrix should be High Professor. Molly and Bellatrix below the Dragons and Flitwick above them. Bellatrix's statements should carry her to the bottom of High Professor. She beats two Mid Professors to prove it and her 1v3 was compared to Voldemort's. Flitwick was a dueling champion and could enchant Armor stands to fight people. Given that Bellatrix lost to Dumbledore's Golems in the books and Killing curses are ineffective on things that don't die. Also i'm pretty sure Flitwick enchanted multiple armor sets against Snape and I don't think any Mid Professor could take that.

Aberforth's three way duel with Grindelwald and Dumbledore is featless due to the fact that they aren't as strong as their primes. Also Dumbledore doubts his ability to read

unless they beat someone important that I am forgetting about Wormtail, Draco, and Umbridge have no business being this high. Wormtail is a coward and McGonagall stated that he can't duel. Draco fought nobody and lost badly to Harry. Umbridge basically did nothing.

Hagrid and Grawp should be higher than Tonks, Lupin and (Ron's dad?)

also are you Weeboo Warrior?

also also it would be very easy to put the Hogwarts legacy protag and Ranrok just above the Dragons.

Ajak_XV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: Newt can teleport casually, which we've never seen either of them do, he also could react and block lightning from grindlewald for over 30 seconds who is much faster than hermione and harry, he one shot one of grindlewalds lieutenants when she tried to bullrush him and was able to block protego diabolica while every other auror in the crowd besides Theseus was one shot. He also has way better durability feats then Hermione and arguably Harry as well as well as being faster and more experienced.

Barty crouch Jr beat mad eye moody and could use the unforgiveable curses, he should scale well beyond Hermione. Both him and Newt should be raised.

Wormtail blew up an entire city block with a single spell, could use the killing curse and offensively use tk in combat. He should be able to beat Hermione, but maybe not Harry.

Hermione is not on harry's level in any way combat wise so I don't know why you put them so close.

Giants are immobile and were getting killed by "knights"<they would get one shot by the killing curse, i'd put them at mid professor as individual threats.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#40 krisbishop  Moderator

Dumbledore should be above Voldemort. That really isn't debatable.

Bellatrix should jump up a tier. Arguably Sirius Black too.

Most of the rest seems fine from a glance.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pizzagod342:

Snape should be number one instead of Credence. Credence got washed by Dumbledore in forty seconds meanwhile Snape fought both Flitwick and McGonagall(and Slughorn I'm not sure). Normally losing to Dumbledore is a better feat than losing to Flitwick and McGonagall but Dumbledore basically humiliated Credence. Casually teleporting behind him and overpowering him. If Flitwick and McGonagall fought Dumbledore, Dumbledore would be a little bit more serious than that.

Snape blocked one spell from Flitwick and ran. It was also professor Sprout, not Slughorn that showed up with him.

Molly, Flitwick, and Bellatrix should be High Professor. Molly and Bellatrix below the Dragons and Flitwick above them. Bellatrix's statements should carry her to the bottom of High Professor. She beats two Mid Professors to prove it and her 1v3 was compared to Voldemort's. Flitwick was a dueling champion and could enchant Armor stands to fight people. Given that Bellatrix lost to Dumbledore's Golems in the books and Killing curses are ineffective on things that don't die. Also i'm pretty sure Flitwick enchanted multiple armor sets against Snape and I don't think any Mid Professor could take that.

I don't think you looked at my updated list lower in the thread.

Aberforth's three way duel with Grindelwald and Dumbledore is featless due to the fact that they aren't as strong as their primes. Also Dumbledore doubts his ability to read

Aberforth was the younger brother, if anything that would mean he should have closed the gap rather than it getting bigger with age. And in the fantastic beasts movies he was able to react to and block and elder wand Avada Kedavera at the same speed Dumbledore did.

unless they beat someone important that I am forgetting about Wormtail, Draco, and Umbridge have no business being this high. Wormtail is a coward and McGonagall stated that he can't duel. Draco fought nobody and lost badly to Harry. Umbridge basically did nothing.

Wormtail stomped Cedric and book 4 Harry. I agree Draco should be lower, I'm probably dropping him. Umbridge stomped a centaur and was confident in taking the whole group, and 5th year Harry and Hermione didn't really seem to think they could stop her.

Hagrid and Grawp should be higher than Tonks, Lupin and (Ron's dad?)

I moved Grawp up. Hagrid is a maybe. Close quarters he is stronger, but if they keep their distance I think they can win. Also they can fly in the movies.

also are you Weeboo Warrior?

Yes

also also it would be very easy to put the Hogwarts legacy protag and Ranrok just above the Dragons.

Yep, I did it.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ajak_xv:

Newt can teleport casually, which we've never seen either of them do, he also could react and block lightning from grindlewald for over 30 seconds who is much faster than hermione and harry, he one shot one of grindlewalds lieutenants when she tried to bullrush him and was able to block protego diabolica while every other auror in the crowd besides Theseus was one shot. He also has way better durability feats then Hermione and arguably Harry as well as well as being faster and more experienced.

Can you possibly link these feats?

Barty crouch Jr beat mad eye moody and could use the unforgiveable curses, he should scale well beyond Hermione. Both him and Newt should be raised.

Barty beat Moody with Wormtail and prep. I did lower Hermione though.

Wormtail blew up an entire city block with a single spell, could use the killing curse and offensively use tk in combat. He should be able to beat Hermione, but maybe not Harry.

He is stated to be a poor dueler. His feats are decent, but any respectable adult wizard should be able to replicate them. Wormtail was treated worse than the other death eaters, I doubt he was more powerful than them, at least be a large margin, and Hermione is above lower end death eaters imo.

Hermione is not on harry's level in any way combat wise so I don't know why you put them so close.

I agree, I dropped her a tier. But she is still pretty decent.

Giants are immobile and were getting killed by "knights"<they would get one shot by the killing curse, i'd put them at mid professor as individual threats.

There were large groups of those knights. The giants were taking large amounts of spells and the trio had to run from one even though they were taking out death eaters left and right. Even Hagrid was repeatedly tanking curses from Rowle the death eater, and he is weaker than a full blooded giant. Avada Kedavra counters them, but without that spell most death eaters would get crushed.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krisbishop:

Dumbledore should be above Voldemort. That really isn't debatable.

It is debatable and it's constantly debated in verse. Dumbledore is likely naturally slightly better, but Voldemort is willing to use magic Dumbledore isn't, and with his horcruxes he can't lose. Dumbledore was fatally cursed by just destroying one. Voldy also pretty much stalemated him even though Dumbledore had a vastly superior wand.

Bellatrix should jump up a tier. Arguably Sirius Black too.

I modified the list a bit so this one doesn't really apply. Check out the updated list.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

updated again

No Caption Provided

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@alextheboss: Dumbledore should probably be number 1 he has heavy implications to be the strongest wizard (and JK Rowling has said the Elder Wand isn't a big factor for people on similar levels).

I don't think the Elder Wand should be given such a high distinction when Dumbledore himself has defeated someone in his tier wielding it.

Bellatrix should be right around Aberforth's level.

And since you don't have a ton of Fantastic Beasts characters I'll say Theseus and Eulalie and probably Tina should all be in high professor.

Tina was able to hold her own against Grindelwald for some time and wasn't fully on the defensive as Newt was. Plus she became the head auror. EDIT: Tina should definitely be high wizard she blocked an attack from Theseus without looking and easily restrained him.

Theseus is the head auror and he and Eulalie were able to defeat about a dozen aurors in about 20 seconds.

Eulalie has insane proficiency with charms she is held in high regard by Newt in terms of charms (he says he has his students read her book). Dumbledore says she has unparalleled defensive magic Plus she was able to preform the above feat with Theseus. EDIT: She is held in high regard by Newt in terms of charms (he says he has his students read her book)

americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: Also from Hogwarts Legacy I have Eleazar Fig as either towards the top of low professor or bottom of mid professor (he had a good reparo feat plus he was able to easily defeat those statue guardians) and Ranrok as a mid professor (Easily overwhelmed Fig without a wand and was seemingly stronger with one. Plus his blasts could knock back that giant guardian.)

Isidora is probably a high professor based on her limited feats she fought multiple professors at once. Defeated one and was winning a 2v1 wand beam struggle.

americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alextheboss: and finally finishing off the fantastic beasts main cast I'd give Queenie high student not a notably powerful witch but she was very strong legilimence (possibly the best we see) and she was confident in her ability to defend herself in dangerous situations.

Jacob should be in low student at least above Filch he's also incredibly brave and has a pretty decent punch.

Gunnar Grimmson should be towards the bottom of high professor he was the Ministry's and Grindelwald's top bounty hunter and could casually defend himself from Credence's obscurial.

And I would give Vinda Rosier (as a stand in for Grindelwald's acolytes as a whole) low professor they have skill in the unforgivable curses and some dueling ability. Plus it's implied that Newt was in trouble fighting them 2v1 in the Bhutan scene seemingly being saved by Jacob.