Follow

Lara Croft

Character » Lara Croft appears in 268 issues.

As an archeologist, she travels all over the world looking for historic (and mystical) artifacts before they fall into the wrong hands. Her reputation grants the nickname "The Tomb Raider".

Megan Fox Tomb Raiding As Lara Croft?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    Looking for her next role?
    Looking for her next role?
    A lot of us have probably played Tomb Raider before.  It was a good game that unfortunately didn't get better as the sequels continued to get pumped out.  Lara Croft used to have a comic book from Top Cow.  There's actually been a few.  I heard the latest game wasn't so great.  The question is, does anyone care about Tomb Raider or Lara Croft anymore?  Perhaps the recent rumor of Megan Fox taking over the role played by Angelina Jolie might spark some interest.  Europapress has reported the possibility of this happening.  The website reports the following:
    Razón más que suficiente para que Paramount se esté planteando seriamente retomar la franquicia. Y aunque todavía no hay director confirmado, el rodaje de 'Tomb Raider 3' podría dar comienzo a mediados de 2010 y su estreno estaría previsto para principios de 2011.

Depending on how your memory of high school Spanish is, the website basically says that Paramount has made over 400 million dollars off the previous two Tomb Raider movies and are planning a third.  They don't have a director but they might start production in 2010 and have a
    Will they just have more than a love for tattoos in common?
    Will they just have more than a love for tattoos in common?
    2011 release.  The Latino Review has also picked up on this.  It's curious that no other source (in the United States) is reporting on this.  Is this something that Paramount would want to keep a secret for now?  Does Megan Fox have enough star power to carry an action movie on her own?   Could she pull off a believable English accent?  But back to my original question, would anyone care about another Tomb Raider movie?  If the game developers could make a really great game people might be a little more excited.  I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    mrenb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mrenb

The Tomb Raider movie was silly, but my GF at the time loved it.  Go figure. The only thing that'd interest me about any of this is if Fox got....nekkid.....

Mr Mofo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Mr Mofo

I've been longing for another really good Tomb Raider game as well.  Another movie?  Maybe if it has a good script.  Megan Fox as Lara?   I'm not so sure.  Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing her running around in the brown shorts and blue top but as mentioned, I'd have to hear her British accent.  She could probably sell some tickets but would it be enough to make it a smash?

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

Megan Fox would make a fine Lara.  The only thing I don't like about Fox is her profile.  Seriously.  I know Im weird.

cly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By cly
    Red L.A.M.P. said:
    "Megan Fox would make a fine Lara.  The only thing I don't like about Fox is her profile.  Seriously.  I know Im weird."
    O_O
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By gmanfromheck

Here's a trailer from the last game.  Maybe they could get some movie ideas off of this.

Citizen Vance*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Citizen Vance*

1.Megan in an action movie? Has anyone seen her fight in a movie?

2.Why are they still making Tomb Raider Movies?
    3.I can't picture Megan as Lara Croft.Jolie was perfect...she had the action movie experience,similar facial structure and she's a good actress.
    NovaHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NovaHulk

She has the looks but her personality is...meh

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By SUNMAN

what is with these threads?! No offense G-Man I appreciate everything you do. Seriously your the man, but that said there are like 20 Megan Fox threads and only about 3 of them are serious.

This is just a running joke on this site that Megan Fox can be in anything. I don't understand it. Yes she is hot, but why do we act like she is the only actress on the planet?!
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By geraldthesloth
    @SUNMAN said:
    " what is with these threads?! No offense G-Man I appreciate everything you do. Seriously your the man, but that said there are like 20 Megan Fox threads and only about 3 of them are serious.

This is just a running joke on this site that Megan Fox can be in anything. I don't understand it. Yes she is hot, but why do we act like she is the only actress on the planet?!
    "
    If you're as famous as her I guess it works that way..

But seriously she's angelina jolie LITE.
    stormlover1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By stormlover1994

If its with Megan don't do it, Lara Croft cannot go there..... yeah she is hot but her acting makes me want to puke, leave Angelina or don't do nothing, please....

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AngelFrost

No Caption Provided
    I'm not saying anything.....
    santeria_smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By santeria_smith

so hot. lol

relentlesson3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By relentlesson3

Megan Fox, the whore of Hollywood. How the hell actually thinks she is sexy? Angelina did the first 2, it was great I love and own each of them. There is no reason why this ugly bimbo should even get the part. She doesn't know how to act, there is no way she can do Lara Croft justice. Please Warner Bros. If you read any blog, You need to understand, Megan Fox will stink up the series. It wont be good, people won't watch it, period.

Tony Rogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Tony Rogers

now that would be SEXAY!
    COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Certain characters need to be cast with an actor that is a certain race. Lara is british. She has to be played by a British actress. Wonder Woman is a Greek Amazon, she needs to be played by a Greek actress.

So no, not Megan fox. She isnt any good as an actress anyway, & she just destroy any credibility that any comic book or etc movie adaptation has gotten in the last few years.

Just use the british actress that they already cast to voice Lara in that pointless reboot game. Just use the REAL outfit of Lara Croft, not that bland plain outfit she wore in the reboot.

& please, no climbing ax, or Bow. Lara uses twin pistols. No matter how Square-enix wants to pretend, they cant ever hid the fact that that game was clearly about some guy trying to rescue his GF after they crashed on an island, that they needed to seperate it from FarCry3, so they made the main a chick, & then into Lara.

The game was clearly about Lara BF Sara originally.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

After seeing the new movie, I have to say than even Megan Fox was a better choice.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.