Avril Lavigne - Goodbye Lullaby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaron said:
Yes, The Best Damn Thing was horrible but in between all that pink, cheerleading shit, we got some hidden gems like Innocence, When You're Gone, Keep Holding On, Runaway, Alone and I Will Be.

Runaway was just like a track from Let Go, which isn't a bad thing.

What I hated most about her third album is that I had to pay extra for the "deluxe" version of the album because I wanted a version that had uncensored swear words. It had a fucking ugly cover too:

The_Best_Danm_Things_28Deluxe_Editi.jpg

It's like the designer had just discovered the lasso tool on Photoshop and paintbrush effects.

He/Him
Twat Snacks said:
What I hated most about her third album is that I had to pay extra for the "deluxe" version of the album because I wanted a version that had uncensored swear words.

Oh god, I know what you mean. I bought the deluxe edition too (loved the making of the album DVD, every artist should do that) but I was so embarrassed buying it with that god-awful pink cover. I bought the standard edition first only to find out the songs were censored which really pissed me off so I returned it.

P

potatosalad

I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO BRING MYSELF TO BUY AN ALBUM WITH SUCH UGLY ARTWORK.

I was almost crying handing over the money for Out of Control.

Twat Snacks - bit by bit you shatter my world view. First prawn cocktail = prawn & cocktail. Now you're telling me there was no wall? WHAT NEXT?

My spelling and grammer are terrible.

S

slimane

Twat Snacks said:
When she had that phase where she got into modelling I was really excited about a new mature sound she was going to come back with, which is why I think The Best Damn Thing stung so hard, because it was the direct opposite of what I wanted.

Oh I completely agree. I feel like she's completely outta the loop contemporary fashion and music wise. The little emo girl thing is so old and the whole Best damn thing campaign felt so try hard and dated...though I'll admit "Girlfriend" is an effing tune...but her insane stans even put me off that track with that youtube view count campaign (she has the most unhinged fangirls in pop - they are even more damaged than Mimi's lambs which is really saying something). ALSO all her ballads use that piano ballad template which is really annoying. TRY SOMETHING NEW!!!

inanotherlife said:
Twat Snacks - bit by bit you shatter my world view. First prawn cocktail = prawn & cocktail. Now you're telling me there was no wall? WHAT NEXT?

The Arctic is not a body of land, just an area of the Earth.

Also, grammar does not have an 'e' in it.

slimane said:
Oh I completely agree. I feel like she's completely outta the loop contemporary fashion and music wise. The little emo girl thing is so old and the whole Best damn thing campaign felt so try hard and dated...though I'll admit "Girlfriend" is an effing tune...but her insane stans even put me off that track with that youtube view count campaign (she has the most unhinged fangirls in pop - they are even more damaged than Mimi's lambs which is really saying something). ALSO all her ballads use that piano ballad template which is really annoying. TRY SOMETHING NEW!!!

I'm hoping that now she has divorced Deryck Whibley she will be a bit less "punk". Perhaps she felt compelled to stay in that style for him?

S

slimane

Twat Snacks said:
inanotherlife said:

The Arctic is not a body of land, just an area of the Earth.

Also, grammar does not have an 'e' in it.

slimane said:

I'm hoping that now she has divorced Deryck Whibley she will be a bit less "punk". Perhaps she felt compelled to stay in that style for him?

Yes maybe but the annoying thing was she only started dressing like that for the album campaign and to give her fragrance and (hideous) clothing line a "Look". It felt like such a step back.

He/Him
Twat Snacks said:

Deryck produced 8 tracks on the new album though. But it's an acoustic sound so hopefully it doesn't sound anything like what he did on The Best Damn Thing.

I do believe that a majority of the new album was in fact done with Butch Walker and Kara Dioguardi. I'm sure she's worked with Dr. Luke again though.

breakfast2 said:
I do believe that a majority of the new album was in fact done with Butch Walker and Kara Dioguardi. I'm sure she's worked with Dr. Luke again though.

Dr. Luke needn't work with Avril anymore; he's got Ke$ha, and they're a much better combo anyway. All I want from Ms. Lavigne are some lovely acoustic pop ballads.

clockworknovak said:
breakfast2 said:

Dr. Luke needn't work with Avril anymore; he's got Ke$ha, and they're a much better combo anyway. All I want from Ms. Lavigne are some lovely acoustic pop ballads.
I suppose. Although Avril and Ke$ha have written tracks together.

She should apologise to Chantal Kreviazuk, because their ballads on Under My Skin are by far the best stuff she's ever done.

breakfast2 said:
clockworknovak said:
breakfast2 said:

What tracks are those?

clockworknovak said:
breakfast2 said:
clockworknovak said:
breakfast2 said:

What tracks are those?
Actually maybe that was for Ke$ha's album. Like this leaked demo was written by Avril and Ke$ha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi-X1nValI4

He/Him
dinosaur said:
She should apologise to Chantal Kreviazuk, because their ballads on Under My Skin are by far the best stuff she's ever done.

Fall To Pieces is incredible. Although it was Chantal who accused Avril in the wrong and she later retracted her statements. I don't think Avril ever said a bad word against her.

Status
Not open for further replies.