Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Target _blank not working

This support ticket is created 5 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.73 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by abdullaA 5 years ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
target_blank.JPG
target shortcode.JPG

I use a post info widget, and use a shortcode to it linking my custom field website, from my loop settings i configure to open in a new window then add a custom label for the link.

From the front-end, the label of the link is showing and the link is working, the only problem is it's not opening in a new window but instead it open on the same page.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link consultants website

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Screenshot 2019-04-09 at 11.16.39.png

I visited your link and tried to check the consultant website links on that page and noticed that you have JS errors on the page which was affecting some functionality of the page which you should address (screenshot).

Could you add your View to a test page that does not use Elementor and see whether the link is correctly formed there?

In which case I'll know that I have to test with the same scenario using Elementor as you have on your site.

Hi Nigel,

Test page doesn't give result maybe because it needs to configure again my post relationship etc.
I you would like, I can give you admin access to check my back-end?

My current setup are as follows,

Custom post type:
1. Projects - parent (main page)
2. Project Updates - child ( has a post relationship to Projects)
3. Clients - child ( has a post relationship to Projects)
4. Consultants - child ( has a post relationship to Projects) *consultants website is located here

Elementor template for post type Projects

Thanks

Nigel
Supporter

Maybe I could take a quick look to double-check the set-up so that I'm trying to reproduce exactly the same scenario on my own test site.

Nigel
Supporter

Screenshot 2019-04-10 at 10.23.32.png

OK, so I looked at your site and I see that the link is not the link which is output by the View but is a link created by Elementor which takes the View as an input.

Directly below the existing link I inserted the View directly in a shortcode module, and you can see in the screenshot that it outputs the link as expected, with the target attribute that is missing from the link generated by Elementor.

I don't really know much about the Elementor "Post info" module, but I don't see any options to set the target attribute for generated links, maybe Elementor support can explain how.

My issue is resolved now.

I got the solution from my other ticket which is related to pulling the raw data.

From loop wizard, Edit the field and set the Display option to Raw url
then, below the Content Template, check Disable the wrapping DIV around the View.

From Elementor, paste the shortcode, then from custom URL (link option, check open in new window)

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.